What joy is those who trust fully in Christ hour by hour, who walk with Him and talk with Him! Christ longs for all to come unto Him just as we are, sinful and helpless. Take the hand of Jesus Christ by faith today, and experience the wonderful joy of walking with Him!!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Valuable Lesson from the Trees!

The day had been hard, it seemed everything was going wrong. All day I longed to get away to a quite, peaceful spot in nature and talk to God!
I sighed a sign of relief, I was now finally able to get away from everything; moreover, escape to a quite stop alone in God’s beautiful nature!
I skipped up the road with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. It was a beautiful day, clear blue sky, hardly a white fluffy cloud in view. The birds were singing gloriously and a gentle breeze was blowing across my face. I clasped my hands together in joy and my heart over flowed with anticipation for Christ’s soon return.
I saw my sinfulness, helplessness and my greater need for Christ, but the melody in my heart was, “More love for Thee, more love for Thee!” I finally arrived at the place where I loved to escape to talk with my Best Friend and Saviour. As I looked out over the rolling hills and saw the beauty thereof, I realized the awesomeness more fully of living in the country!
That day was a turning point in my life…I began to appreciate nature more and the place God had moved us to! I had enjoyed God’s nature before, but now I realized the greater beauty and the lessons we can learn!
I beheld the lofty trees and how they swayed with the breeze. The verse in Philippians 4:11 took a deeper meaning, “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” I realized God had planted me where I was (where He wanted me), so like the lofty trees of the mountains were content where they had been planted, I needed to be content too!
Contentment is something we so often forget about! How often do we find ourselves not content with how things turned out and we complain to God for not working it out how we wanted?! Both discontentment and complaining are sin in God’s eyes! First of all, we don’t know what is best for us (but we do know all things work together for good to them that love God, Romans 8:28), and secondly, we should rejoice in Christ no matter what (please read Philippians 4:4)! Being content no matter what and thanking the Lord in every situation!
Let us learn a valuable lesson from the trees of the mountains to be content with all things in Christ, in giving of thanks, rejoicing no matter what happens! May this your prayer be, “I will praise Thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all Thy marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in Thee: I will sing praise to Thy name, O Thou Most High.” Psalm 9:1,2 Remember this, friends, “But godliness with contentment is great gain.” 1 Timothy 6:6
I want to encourage each of you to study God’s nature and learn the lessons that He would have you learn! There are many valuable, precious lessons for those who seek to learn! When we seek, we will find! “Then shall ye call upon Me, and ye shall go and pray unto Me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:12,13. What a beautiful promise the Lord has given us, and He really means it! So, be ye content in every situation, for “godliness with contentment is great gain!”

No comments:

Post a Comment