A blessing that’s rare and true,
And that’s the gift of a wonderful FRIEND
Like the friend I have in YOU!”
~~Author Unknown
“A Friend is a gift of all the gifts,
That life can send,
There’s none more treasured than a friend-
A friend whose smile and thoughtful ways
Add happiness to passing days,
A friend who shares and comforts too-
And I’ve found that kind of friend in YOU!!”
~~Author Unknown
I have found that a true friend is a hard thing to find and a rare treasure indeed! I am blessed to have been honored by God to have such true ever there for you, friends!! He has blessed me with a few such true gifts! (True Friends) One of which I will share a poem she gave to me. But please mark my words, all my friends are SO very dear to me!! Thank you guys, your friendship means a world to me!!!!!!!!!!!
While reading the poem, my eyes got a little misty, because you see, I was so happy to finally have a friend that is so true and loving!!
“Dear Lord…
Please draw near my friend today.
Please inspire her in a rich new way.
Let her hear the Spirit’s call.
May she choose before she’d call,
To let You lead, to let You guide-
Through the even, through the tide.
May she need Thee every hour,
May she receive and use Thy power,
That in each trial, sin may pose it’s hold,
Leaving God’s beloved neither warm nor cold.
Cleanse her cleanse her, from all sin.
Make her, make her, pure within.
From earth born passions set her free,
And circumcise her heart to Thee.
Moreover, when the clouds of black
Seem to push her farther back,
Speak to her a gentle word,
Then tune her heart lest it go unheard.
Hold up her goings in Thy path,
And keep her heart from wrath,
That her footsteps do not slip;
Guard her mouth and guard her lips.
Do this all for my dearest friend,
Working Your will within, until the very end,
That in the mansions I’ll see her best,
Enjoying with her an eternal rest.”
By: Merissa
Date: 4-19-10
Maybe you can see now, why, I got a little misty eyes!…I needed to read this prayer from a dear friend as Merissa, it showed me, not to give up, but to keep fighting though at times I feel discouraged to give up, for there are dear people such as Merissa, who are daily holding me up in prayer!
Thank you Merissa, your friendship means so much to me!! How can I thank you!!!!! Thanks be to God forever and ever!! He sent me a friend like you, just at the right time!! It’s amazing, but know it to be God’s working hand!
Now a note to all my dear friends, your friendship means a lot to me!! I can’t tell you all enough, how much it really does!! Thanks a million!! Thank God, too!!
“A friend loveth at ALL times…” Proverbs 17:17
No comments:
Post a Comment