What joy is those who trust fully in Christ hour by hour, who walk with Him and talk with Him! Christ longs for all to come unto Him just as we are, sinful and helpless. Take the hand of Jesus Christ by faith today, and experience the wonderful joy of walking with Him!!

Monday, August 30, 2010

In A Little While We’re Going Home!!

   As I stood singing this song at a 65th anniversary celebration for my moms Uncle and Aunt, my heart filled with joy and longing at the thought that soon we are going home!
  
1. “Let us sing a song that will cheer us by the way,
In a little while we’re going home:
For the night will end in the everlasting day,
In a little while we’re going home.

Chorus: In a little while, in a little while
We shall cross the billow’s foam;
We shall meet at last,
When the stormy winds are past,
In a little while we’re going home.

2. We will do the work that our  hands may find to do
In a little while we’re going home.
And the grace of God will our daily strength renew
In a little while we’re going home.

Chorus:

3. We will smooth the path for some weary, way-worn feet,
In a little while we’re going home;
And may loving hearts spread around an influence sweet!
In a little while we’re going home.

Chorus:

4. There’s a rest beyond, there’s relief from every care,
In a little while we’re going home
And no tears shall fall in that city bright and fair
In a little while we’re going home.”

    By the time we started singing the last verse I couldn’t help but feel like crying and anxious to go home!!
We started singing the last chorus.

“In a little while, in a little while
We shall cross the bill----ow---s -----f-o-am:”
  I broke down into crying. I couldn’t finish the chorus. But as I listened to everyone else singing “We shall meet at last, When the stormy winds are past, In a little while we’re going home.” with tears streaming down my face, I longed with all my heart to go be with my Saviour!!
   “There’s a rest beyond, there’s relief from every care,
In a little while we’re going home.
And no tears shall fall in that city bright and fair
In a little while we’re going home!!
…..We shall cross the billow’s foam;
We shall meet at last,
When the stormy wins are past;
In a little while we’re going home!!”

  As I listened to everyone sing these words, “We shall meet at last, when the stormy winds are past, in a little while we’re going home,”  tears were steaming down my face.  I thought of the friends who had turned their backs to me!  I longed to meet them again at last, when the stormy winds are past, I pray with my all that they, as-well as all of us, will be ready, for SOON we are going home!!

                               Glory and Praise be to the Lamb that was slain forever and ever!!

                                                                           Amen!!

                                                         Even so, COME LORD JESUS!!!!
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment